Today we have a special treat for you! I’m going to show you how to make the belt I wore with my gray Fuchsia. It is a unique spin on the typical bow belt and the end result is super cute!
Without further ado…here is how to make it!
Step 1: Gather supplies
- 1″ wide grosgrain ribbon.
- 2 sets of 3/8″ sew-on snaps.
Step 2: Cut the ribbon in to 3 sections.
- Bow knot 3 1/2″
- Bow loops 13 3/4″
- Belt finished measurement + 1″. If you want your belt to be 32″ you will need 33″. If you are unsure you can leave extra length until step 6.
Step 3: Make bow loop
- To make the bow loop you need to lay the ribbon at a diagonal.
- Grab the 2 ends and fold them towards the middle like in the picture.
- Pin all 3 layers in the middle and sew down the center.
- Trim off the excess ribbon at the back. Seal the edges with fray check or burn with a lighter.
Step 4: Make the bow knot
- Fold the bow knot ribbon right sides together and stitch.
- Turn the tube inside out. Slip the knot onto the bow.
- Stitch along the outer edge of the knot stitching through the top layer of the knot and the bow loop. Do not stitch the bottom layer of the knot.
Step 5: Slip the belt into the bow.
- Since you didn’t stitch through the bottom layer of the knot you should have a little opening to slip the belt into the bow.
Step 6: Sew on snaps.
- Fold one edge under 1/2″ and sew on 2 sew-on snaps.
- If you weren’t sure about the finished size, put the belt around your waist or wherever you are going to wear it. Mark the finished length.
-Sew the other half of the sew-on snaps outside of the chalked line. Trim off excess and fray check or burn the edges.
Step 7: Wear your ribbon bow belt with your Fuchsia skirt. They look amazing together!
Still need to get your Fuchsia pattern? It is free in the shop!
Want help sewing it up? All sew-along links can be found here!
We would love to see any Ribbon Bow Belts or other Lolita Patterns garments that you make. Send us a shout out on our Facebook or Twitter! Make sure to follow the blog by email subscription (on the right sidebar) or RSS so you don’t miss all the exciting news and tutorials coming up!